By Sarjinder Singh, Stephen A. Sedory, Maria Del Mar Rueda, Antonio Arcos, Raghunath Arnab
A New idea for Tuning layout Weights in Survey Sampling: Jackknifing in concept and Practice introduces the hot notion of tuning layout weights in survey sampling via proposing 3 techniques: calibration, jackknifing, and imputing the place wanted. This new technique permits survey statisticians to increase statistical software program for reading information in a extra accurately and pleasant manner than with current options.
- Explains easy methods to calibrate layout weights in survey sampling
- Discusses how Jackknifing is required in layout weights in survey sampling
- Describes how layout weights are imputed in survey sampling
Read Online or Download A new concept for tuning design weights in survey sampling : jackknifing in theory and practice PDF
Similar probability & statistics books
Statistical research quickly Reference Guidebook: With SPSS Examples is a pragmatic "cut to the chase" guide that quick explains the while, the place, and the way of statistical facts research because it is used for real-world decision-making in a large choice of disciplines. during this one-stop reference, authors Alan C.
Technological advancements proceed to beat back the frontier of processor pace in glossy pcs. regrettably, the computational depth demanded by way of glossy learn difficulties grows even quicker. Parallel computing has emerged because the such a lot profitable bridge to this computational hole, and plenty of well known ideas have emerged in accordance with its options, comparable to grid computing and hugely parallel supercomputers.
Probability and success: The legislation of good fortune, Coincidences, Wagers, Lotteries, and the Fallacies of GamblingThe fake rules commonplace between all sessions of the neighborhood, cultured in addition to uncultured, respecting likelihood and success, illustrate the fact that universal consent (in issues outdoor the impression of authority) argues virtually of necessity mistakes.
Use development Curve research together with your Time direction info An more and more sought after statistical device within the behavioral sciences, multilevel regression deals a statistical framework for interpreting longitudinal or time path information. It additionally presents how to quantify and examine person adjustments, akin to developmental and neuropsychological, within the context of a version of the final staff results.
- Probability with Applications in Engineering, Science, and Technology (Springer Texts in Statistics)
- Non-negative Matrices and Markov Chains (Springer Series in Statistics)
- Probability, Induction and Statistics (Probability & Mathematical Statistics)
- Further Topics on Discrete-Time Markov Control Processes (Stochastic Modelling and Applied Probability)
- Random Networks for Communication: From Statistical Physics to Information Systems (Cambridge Series in Statistical and Probabilistic Mathematics)
Additional info for A new concept for tuning design weights in survey sampling : jackknifing in theory and practice
Let y1, y2, …, yn be the delivery times (in minutes) required by a random sample of n workers using those vehicles. 98) ið6¼jÞ2s denote the jackknife estimator of the population harmonic mean H where the jth unit is dropped from the sample. 100) j¼1 À Á Determine, if possible, the values of weights cj such that v^ H^Jack can be considered as an estimator of the variance of the harmonic mean estimator. Support your findings by a simulation study. 13 (a) Suppose that a pumpkin farmer is interested in selling his pumpkins by weight.
2. 2. 22). Note that the modified greg estimator is far from the traditional greg estimator. Therefore the estimator yTunedðcsÞ is recommended so long as one is concerned about estimating the weight of a pumpkin using small samples. For large samples, the modified greg may perform just as well because better coverage is expected for the regression type estimator yTunedðcsÞ . Here “better coverage” means coverage close to the nominal or anticipated coverage. 5 Numerical illustration In the following example, we explain the computational steps involved in the construction of a confidence interval estimate with the tuned estimator.
Let y1, y2, …, yn be the number of insects observed by the farmer on his n random visits to his farm. 94) ið6¼jÞ¼1 denote the jackknife estimator of the population geometric mean G after the jth unit is dropped from the sample. 96) j¼1 À Á Determine, if possible, the values of weights cj such that v^ G^Jack can be considered as an estimator of the variance of the geometric mean estimator. Support your views with a simulation study. 12 Harmonic mean A pumpkin farmer has a pumpkin pie factory and several vehicles that deliver his product to several destinations within the United States.
- La souffrance portee au langage dans la prose de Samuel by Diane Lüscher-Morata
- The Single Server Queue by J.W. COHEN (Eds.)